Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Purple Moorhen

A random post. Been away for quite sometime.
Pics taken with a Lumix FZ35.
A purple moorhen at the Pallikaranai marsh in Chennai. Managed to catch something interesting. This time I saw a lot more purple moorhens than I have on the few occasions I have been there earlier. Here is one in the evening light.



I saw a group of purple moorhens when suddenly two of them faced off. I realised something was going to happen, released the shutter and in a fraction of a second...



it was over.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

magnificent capture. first time I see the picture of Moorhens fight for supremacy.Beautifully composed and nicely exposed.

ashok said...

good to see ur post after a long time...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ashok. I hope to continue keep dropping in please - R. Balaji.

Unknown said...

MAGNIFICENT SHOT OF SUPREMACY.EXTROA

Anonymous said...

hilarious & excellent, thnks