Thursday, June 07, 2007

Kapaleeswarar Chariot

Two images - a close of the Kapaleeswarar Temple chariot. I liked the way the evening light brought out the colours. The second a black and white version converted digitally.





Two pics of the Kapaleeswarar Temple Chariot - in colour and Black & White
- digital conversion of the colour pic. It was just a few days after the temple festival. The chariot was at rest, awaiting the next year's festival.
I liked the colours brightened by the evening light and the two kids playing among the idols provided a bit of relief...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colourful!

-Your blog header image from Kanchi Varadharaja perumal kovil looks cool.

R. Balaji said...

Thanks, Sathiyan.
I liked the way the lighting -- it was close to noon -- filtered through the branches.

Thelostsamurai said...

- I liked your photoblog on Chennai. I just came back from there and posted an entry on my blog (http://busacapas.blogspot.com/2008/02/colorful-chennai.html)
and a link that takes readers to the section of your blog on Kapaleeswarar Temple. If you are not agreeable, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Cheers, Francesco

R. Balaji said...

Hi, Francesco, Thank You. Glad you liked the photos.
R.Balaji